Sunday, February 5, 2012

Enter into the JOY of your Master

Enter the JOY of your Master!




   “His master said to him, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant. You have been faithful over a little; I will set you over much. Enter into the joy of your master.’ (Matthew 25:21)  


When most followers of Christ are asked what they want to hear when they see Jesus, there is one primary answer..."well done, good and faithful servant."  You will hear this over and over if you ask.  I do long to hear those words from our LORD, but I must confess that the words that really get me excited are those that follow.  "Enter into the joy of your master."  I'm not sure, but I believe that this joy of Jesus is going to be glorious beyond our wildest thoughts.  You may recall Paul's words in 1 Corinthians, “ as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him”—” (1 Corinthians 2:9)
Oh my, I don't think we have a clue how intensely glorious this JOY will be!  Your sweetest, most glorious moments hear on earth (those glorious moments with family, new baby, grand baby etc.) are merely a sniff, a tiny drop on the tip of your tongue, a taste of the glorious intensity of the intra-trinitarian joy you and I will experience in HIS presence for all eternity.
Pursuing HIM together!
m

No comments:

Post a Comment