Saturday, February 11, 2012

Adopted: We have His Name


Throughout the Psalms the name of the LORD is so often the object strong affections of love, trust, praise and hope.  In Deuteronomy 12 God’s name refers to His presence.  “Rather, you must seek the Lord your God at the place of worship he himself will choose from among all the tribes—the place where his name will be honored.” (Deuteronomy 12:5)  In His names He reveals Himself to His people, but much more than that His Name promises His presence with His people.  Remember Paul's words in 2 Corinthians, “And what union can there be between God’s temple and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God said: “I will live in them and walk among them. I will be their God, and they will be my people.” (2 Corinthians 6:16)
In Psalm 138 we read:
   “I will give You thanks with all my heart; I will sing Your praise before the heavenly beings. I will bow down toward Your holy temple and give thanks to Your name for Your constant love and truth. You have exalted Your name and Your promise above everything else. On the day I called, You answered me; You increased strength within me.” (Psalm 138:1–3, HCSB)  
We are His temple, the temple of Yahweh!  We are the dwelling place of Jesus!  Read Isaiah 6 and John 12:41 and SEE who dwells within and with you!  Isaiah saw the LORD, he saw Yahweh high and lifted up...and John tells us that it was Jesus that he saw.
When His people, His adopted children exalt His Name and His Word above every thing else we are most blessed, most alive and filled with a super abounding JOY!
Pursuing HIM together!

No comments:

Post a Comment