Monday, March 26, 2012

Love HIS Name!


Jesus disciples asked him to teach them to pray and following a brief teaching He said, Pray like this: Our Father in heaven, may your name be kept holy. ” (Matthew 6:9–10a)  Most translations render it "hallowed be your name."  May your name be kept holy, held in reverence, held in awe!  His name is one way that YHWY reveals Himself to His children.  Simply read and pray through the following scriptures where I believe HE teaches us how to hallow HIS glorious name. 

Turn to me and be gracious to me, as is your way with those who love your name. (Psalm 119:132)  I bow down toward your holy temple and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness, for you have exalted above all things your name and your word. (Psalm 138:2)  the offspring of his servants shall inherit it, and those who love his name shall dwell in it. (Psalm 69:36)  Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the Lord our God. (Psalm 20:7)  And those who know your name put their trust in you, for you, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek you.” (Psalm 9:10)  Lord, we show our trust in you by obeying your laws; our heart’s desire is to glorify your name.(Isaiah 26:8)  "The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. (Psalm 91:14)  
And I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, keep them in your name, which you have given me, that they may be one, even as we are one.” (John 17:11)  While I was with them, I kept them in your name, which you have given me. I have guarded them, and not one of them has been lost except the son of destruction, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.” (John 17:12)
“I have manifested your name to the people whom you gave me out of the world. Yours they were, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word.” (John 17:6)
Who will not fear, O Lord, and glorify your name? For you alone are holy. All nations will come and worship you, for your righteous acts have been revealed.”” (Revelation 15:4)

How do we hallow HIS name?  One way that I know is that we simply come to HIM with a beautiful childlike faith completely trusting HIM in every area, every area of our lives.  That is simply said and may be difficult to live.
Pursuing HIM through HIS Name!



No comments:

Post a Comment